Perfect for some family time or a hand made gift.
What you require:
- Domino Mould
- PoxyArt Craft Resin
- 75ml Mixing Cups
- Mixing Utensils
- PoxyPigment White
- PoxyPigment Black
- Mini Lighter
- Krylon Gold or Silver leaf pen
Grab these items:
Step by Step Guide:
Follow our easy to follow Mixing Guide to mix your PoxyArt Craft Resin.
- PoxyArt Craft Resin is a easy to mix 1:1 by volume.
- Always work on a level surface.
- Each domino needs 10ml of resin. Do not mix for the full set at once, only mix for 7 dominoes at a time so you have enough time to work with your resin before it starts setting.
- TIP: You can warm your resin in lukewarm water before you mix to help with bubble release. You can find tips on how to avoid bubbles HERE.
- Mix your resin until no streaks are visible.
- Pour your resin into your mould, you can use a toothpick to scrape the corners of your domino and around the dots to get all the bubbles to the surface.
- Pop the surface bubbles with a lighter, but be careful not to burn your mould.
- Cover your work and allow to set for 8-12 hours.
After 8 – 12 Hours
- Pop your clear domino out of the mould.
- You will notice a sharp edge on the top side. Place your domino flat on a sheet of sand paper and lightly sand away the edge.
- Place your dominoes on a popsicle sticks to lift it from your surface area. Make sure your working surface is 100% level.
- Mix more Craft Resin and add a few drops of PoxyPigment Black.
- Carefully add a little bit to your domino back and spread it to the sides. PoxyArt Craft resin works great for doming so you can get a nice dome on your domino back. Do this for each domino.
- Pop all the surface bubbles with a lighter and cover your work to protect it from dust.
- Leave to cure for 8-12 hours. Only use your domino set for playing after 7 days of curing to ensure the resin has reached full curing.
After 8 – 12 hours
- Use the Krylon Gold / SIlver leaf pen and paint the dots and lines.
- Don’t stress about going outside the line as you can simply wipe the excess off with some Alcohol when you are done.
- You can package your Domino Set in out draw string bags.