What you require:
- PoxyArt Craft Resin
- Silicone mould of your choice
- Mixing cups
- Mixing Sticks
- Piñata Alcohol Ink
- Zhanlida E600 Glue
- Nail File
- Lighter, to pop any small bubbles on the surface
Magnets SmallR5.99 incl. VAT Add to cart
Mini LighterR19.55 incl. VAT Add to cart
Piñata Alcohol Ink – Tealincl. VATAdd to cart
Wood Mixing Sticks – StandardR23.00 incl. VAT Add to cart
75ml Mixing Cup’R6.90 incl. VAT Add to cart
Piñata Alcohol Ink – Passion Purpleincl. VATAdd to cart
Piñata Alcohol Ink – Blanco Blanco / Whiteincl. VATAdd to cart
Piñata Alcohol Ink – Baja Blueincl. VATAdd to cart
How did we do it
- Make sure your working surface is level.
- Mix your PoxyArt Craft Resin as per the mixing instructions.
- Fill your silicone mould to the desired level.
- You can now pop your bubbles with your lighter. We used a pressure pot to eliminate all small bubbles, but you do not need to do this. You can warm your Resin bottles in some lukewarm water before mixing, this also help to prevent bubbles in your mix.
- Now drop your Ink colours onto your resin, followed with a drop of Blanco White Ink on every drop of colour. You can decide to add another layer of colour on top, but remember you need to follow with a drop of Blanco White. The more layers you do on top of each other the more your ink will drop, to create the Petri effect. Add to much and it will sink all the way to the bottom of your mould. You need to play to learn. With this project we have only done one layer of colour and one layer of Blanco.
- Close your work with a bowl or a box to protect it from dust.
- Un-mould after 24 hours.
Finishing your Magnet:
- Lightly sand your sharp edges away on the back of your hart.
- Stick your magnet to the back with your Zhanlida glue and let it dry.