PoxyPaste is a two-part Epoxy that can be used for resin art, texture art, and making small castings using silicone moulds.
Before you start:
- Only mix as much paste as you need, rather mix too little and add more, than mix too much and waste.
- No need for a level surface as PoxyPaste is non-flowing.
- Working in a warm room softens the two parts to help with mixing.
- Cover your work area with a protective pvc plastic sheet, any spills will be hard to remove once set.
- Gloves are recommended purely because it can get messy.
- Before PoxyPaste has set, it can be cleaned simply with water.
- PoxyPaste can be tinted with a variety of pigments including inks and paint.
- Always do small tests and experiments when using pigments as they may have different end results.
PoxyPaste is a two-part Epoxy paste that is mixed as follows (2 part Resin + 1 part Hardener). For sake of clarity, we will be mixing one unit of PoxyPaste. (This can be scaled up according to your needs.)
- PoxyPaste is thick and can there for not be poured into a cup to measure.
- Using a scoop/spoon will work much easier.
- Add two scoops of Resin onto your mixing tray.
- Add one scoop of Hardener to the Resin for mixing.
- Mix the two parts together using an art knife or a mixing stick. Mix until the two parts are mixed thoroughly and no steeks are visible.
- At this stage you can add a pigment to colour your Paste or leave as is. (mix well after adding pigment to get an even colour.)
- You can paint over the Paste after it has set.
- Using your pallet knife or mixing stick, spread your PoxyPaste onto the surface of your canvas/board etc. to create different textures.
- You can also use a piping bag to pipe the PoxyPaste into a silicone mould.
- You have about 30 minutes working time before the PoxyPaste will start to gel (depending on room temperature).
- Leave to set for 6-8 hours. (depending on room temperature).
- The PoxyPaste should now be set solid and easily handled but cure to maximum hardness in 7 days.
Download our PoxyPaste Data Sheet & User Guide here:
Download your PDF User Guide & PoxyPaste Data Sheet: