How to create a resin Alphabet Keyring
What you require:
- Craft resin
- 75ml Mixing cups.
- Mixing Sticks
- Alphabet mould: (#181 or #181-1)
- Apple Green PearlEx powder
- PoxyPigment Green
- Gold Leaf Sheet
- Mini Lighter
Grab these items:
Jewellery Ringlets 8mm (6g /+-50) #238incl. VATAdd to cart
Screw Eyes Gold Set (5mm ID) #182incl. VATAdd to cart
Alphabet Set Mould #181incl. VATAdd to cart
Composite Leaf – GoldR95.45 incl. VAT Add to cart
3g Pearl Ex Powder – Apple Greenincl. VATAdd to cart
Wood Mixing Sticks – StandardR23.00 incl. VAT Add to cart
PoxyPigments 50ml – Greenincl. VATAdd to cart
75ml Mixing Cup’R6.90 incl. VAT Add to cart
PoxyArt Craft Resin 500ml KitR327.75 incl. VAT Add to cart
Step by Step Guide:
- Find a level working surface and cover it with a silicone working mat or plastic sheet.
- Have a plastic container or box close by to cover your mould when you are done pouring your resin.
- Add 7.5ml Hardener and 7.5ml Resin into your mixing cup and mix as per the mixing guide. On average each letter uses about 15ml.
- After mixing your resin divide it into 2 cups. One will be for clear resin with the Gold Leaf added (5ml) and the other will be Green (10ml).
- To achieve the green colour we used a knife point of Apple Green PearlEx and a drop of PoxyPigment Green.
- To add the Gold Leaf to your resin simply tear off a corner from your gold sheet and place it into your mixing cup. Mix it in with your clear resin. It will start breaking apart whilst you are mixing.
- Once you are happy with your colours you are now ready to create your keyring.
- You can start by adding Green resin on the one side of your mould, quickly add some gold leaf next to that and again some green next to the clear. Careful not to mix the resin too much.
- When filling your mould, pour enough resin to form a dome on the brim of the mould. This will give you a nice dome finish when you unmould.
- Taking a toothpick and scraping it along the edges of the mould helps loosen any bubbles stuck in the corners and bring them to the surface allowing you to pop them with your lighter.
- Cover your work with your box or container so dust does not settle on your resin whilst curing.
- Check up on your resin every 5 minutes and pop any bubbles that has come to the surface. After 20 min your resin will now be thickening up and you can now leave it to fully cure.
- After 8-12 hours you will be able to remove your alphabet letter from the mould. Place it on a flat plastic sheet to cure further for the next 12 hours.
Finishing your keyring:
- Simply use a small pier to hold the screw eye whilst you screw it into your resin.
- Bend open your ringlet and add your keyring to the screw eye.
- Add a tassel to finish off your key ring.