Petri Resin Art
Creating Petri art with resin and Pinata Ink is very satisfying.
What you require:
- Round mould #21
- Blanco Blanco
- Santa Fe Red
- Sapphire Blue
- 75ml mixing cups
- Mixing utensils
- Mini Lighter
PoxyArt Craft Resin 500ml KitR299.00 incl. VAT Add to cart
Tool Set – Reusable with ResinR33.35 incl. VAT Add to cart
Piñata Alcohol Ink – Blanco Blanco / WhiteR85.11 R63.83incl. VAT 25% off! Add to cart
75ml Mixing Cup’sR6.90 incl. VAT Add to cart
Piñata Alcohol Ink – Santa Fe RedR85.11 R63.83incl. VAT 25% off! Add to cart
Piñata Alcohol Ink – Sapphire BlueR85.11 R63.83incl. VAT 25% off! Add to cart
Mini LighterR19.55 incl. VAT Add to cart
How did we do it
Follow our easy to follow Mixing Guide to mix your PoxyArt Craft Resin.
- Make sure your working surface is level before starting.
- Mix your PoxyArt Craft Resin as per the mixing instructions.
- Fill your silicone mould to the desired height with clear resin.
- You can now pop you bubbles with your lighter. We used a pressure pot to eliminate all small bubbles, but you do not need to do this. You can warm your Resin bottles in some lukewarm water before mixing, this also help to prevent bubbles in your mix.
- You can now drop your Ink colours onto your resin, followed with a drop of Blanco White Ink ontop of every drop of colour. You can can decide to add another layer of colour on top, but remember you need to follow with a drop of Blanco White. The more layers you do on top of each other the more your ink will drop, to create the Petri effect. Add too much and it will sink all the way to the bottom of your mould. Unfortunately it is all about experience.
- At this point we put our resin in the pressure pot and left it under pressure over night.
- Close your work with a bowl or a box to protect it from dust.
- Un-mould after 24 hours.